With 2.93 billion monthly active users, Facebook is still one of the top social media channels for brands.
It’s a powerful tool for advertising your business, especially if you do so with intent.
How can you sync your Snowflake data warehouse with Facebook Ads for the most effective targeting?
In this brief guide, we’ll explain how you can upload your customer data to Facebook Ads.
Manually Sync Data Between Snowflake and Facebook Ads
Here’s how you can manually add your customer data to Facebook Ads:
- Head to the Facebook Ads Manager and click “Create Audience”
- Choose “Custom Audience
- Select “Customer List” as your audience source
- Click “Next” and follow Facebook’s steps.
- Select if your data contains the value of the customer (like total dollar spend)
- Then, move on to the next step where you will upload your CSV file.
- To extract the data from Snowflake, you’ll need to write the query to pull the data. This Snowflake CSV guide may help.
- Download your CSV file and inspect for data quality.
- Upload your CSV file to Facebook Ads Manager.
- Map the columns and identifiers and then select “Import.”
Snowflake to Facebook in Under 5 Minutes
The easiest and quickest way to send your customer segment audience to Facebook Ads is with GrowthLoop. After completing the steps, you can enable continuous sync so the data automatically uploads as you collect it in your data cloud.
- Connect Snowflake Data Cloud to GrowthLoop as the source by entering your cloud credentials. The process is similar with other data clouds like BigQuery.
- Select Facebook or Meta Ads as the destination.
- Create a custom audience with GrowthLoop’s visual audience building or use one saved in your account.
- Determine your treatment and control experimentation percentage.
- Export to Facebook Ads. A new audience will generate in Meta Ads with the same name as you have in GrowthLoop.
Enable ongoing sync at hourly or daily intervals to automatically add new users who fit your segment criteria.
Use GrowthLoop to Activate Your Data
GrowthLoop is a powerful, yet simple solution for activating the first-party data from your Snowflake Data Cloud to marketing platforms including Facebook Ads. We help you activate your customer segmentation data within minutes, to accelerate your marketing efforts. Using GrowthLoop, you can export your raw data sets to over 30 destinations. Get started today by booking your free demo with our software experts!